Wednesday, May 03, 2006

a man was walking along one day, when suddenly he realized he had stumbled down into a hole, and try as he might, he couldn't find his way back out again.

after a time, a doctor passed by, and the man called up to him: "hey doc, can you help me? i'm stuck in this hole and i can't get out." the doctor wrote out a prescription, threw it into the hole, and continued on his way.

a while later a priest passed by, and the man called up, "father, can you help me? i'm stuck down in this hole and i can't get out." the priest wrote out a prayer, dropped it into the hole, and continued on.

what seemed an eternity later, a friend came by, and the man called up, "hey, billy, can you help me? i'm stuck in this hole, and i can't get out." without hesitation, the friend jumped right in with him.

"what did you do that for?" the man said. "now we're both in a hole."

"don't worry," the friend said. "i've been down here before. i know the way out."


i had fallen
into that deep hole



the drugs made me hallucinate, i dont believe in prayer, it was becoming darker, the sheets redder.

it took a cadet; a young boy who looked up to me a role model; telling me he thought my self harm; my survival meathod was "cool"
to get me to snap out.

and climb back up.

2 Bitchings:

Blogger Nessa Bitched:....

I have to think about this. My first thought is that it means our friends, while well intentioned do not always do what's best for us.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Ändruu Bitched:....

it means that it takes a friend who has been there and through what you are doing to help you recover from where you are. or at least thats what i got...

i havnt been there, but you know ill be there to give you a leg-up when you need it.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home